Closing Date: 25th April 2014
A fantastic opportunity exists to join our ever-expanding Mixed Fleet team of cabin crew where you will deliver outstanding customer service.
As a British Airways Mixed Fleet cabin crew member you will be enthusiastic and passionate about our products and services and focus on putting the customer at the heart of everything you do.
You’ll have the opportunity to develop new skills and take control of your career path and be recognised and rewarded for your outstanding contribution.
Reward package: circa £12,000 plus elapsed hourly rate pay plus quarterly bonus (performance targets achieved). Potential to increase by £1,000 after 12 months (performance related). Annual leave starting at 30 days per year rising to 34 days per year.
- To ensure operational safety, security and health and safety responsibilities are performed to the highest standards and are compliant with EU-Ops, British Airways requirements and all other relevant legislation
- Maintain safety compliance at all times with Safety & Equipment Procedures (recency) training
- Deliver world-class service excellence inline with our service standards and behaviours
- To ensure compliance with all corporate policies and procedures in accordance with relevant legislation
- To act as a British Airways role model to crew, colleagues and customers adhering to our uniform standards
- To build effective working relationships with colleagues and service partners to work as one team
- To deliver the crew objectives set by the business and a personal development plan, developing self-awareness through 360 feedback
- Always focused on safety
- Customer centric and passionate about delivering service excellence
- Confident in dealing with all our highly valued customers
- Physically and mentally resilient
- Strong team player, able to communicate effectively
- Be proactive and use initiative when problem solving
- Shares best practise with colleagues and communicates customer feedback
- Remain calm and resilient when dealing with challenging situations
- Sets high personal standards of achievement and is goal orientated
- Demonstrates pride and knowledge of the British Airways brand and understanding of the business strategy
- Promotes and supports diversity and dignity at work
- To be ages 18 or over at time of application
- To be the required height, 5’2 – 6’1 with weight in proportion and meet the minimum reach requirement
- To be medically and physically fit to meet regulatory and role requirements (if successful you will be required to attend BA Health Service Medical Assessment)
- To have English and Maths to GSCE level or equivalent
- Strong experience of working within a customer service environment
- To have a valid passport (with minimum of 12 months before expiry date) and allowing unrestricted worldwide travel
- To have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK
- To undergo a Criminal Record Check for all countries of residence for six months or more in the previous five years
- To be able to provide satisfactory references for the last five years
- To wear the British Airways uniform to the required standard with no visible tattoos or body piercing (please refer to the Mixed Fleet FAQ’s page)
- To be prepared to remove any headwear in the event of an emergency
To apply, you will need to successfully complete a series of multiple choice questions which may take approximately 30 minutes.
These questions form part of the selection process and your responses will be assessed. The subsequent stage will consist of the following questions:
- Please describe what motivates and excites you about delivering service excellence as a member of the British Airways cabin crew team? (Max 250 words)
- What skills and qualities will you bring to the role? Please provide one specific example when you have demonstrated these. (Max 250 words)
- Working as a cabin crew member of Mixed Fleet is a fantastic and exciting opportunity, however this type of lifestyle can also create challenges to your physical and personal life. Outline the potential challenges and how you would manage these? (Max 250 words)
To apply, please click here
As you may already be aware that I have max out my facebook 5000 friends limit therefore to continue to get updates on latest news and jobs opportunity for both pilots and cabin crew, you can LIKE the Fly Gosh Fan Page by clicking HERE